One of the primary function of the Cooperative Development Authority is the registration of cooperatives including amendments thereto. In line with this function are the following :
- Issuance of Cooperative Name Reservation Notice (CNRN)
- Submission of Cooperative Name Reservation Report Form (CNRRF) shall be submitted either to CDA Central Office or Regional Offices nationwide through personal, postal mail, courier, electronic mail, or online.
- The applicant has the option to choose from the following period to reserve their proposed names with the corresponding reservation fees
- Thirty (30) calendar days – Php 100.00
- Sixty (60) calendar days – Php 200.00
- Ninety (90) calendar days – Php 300.00
- Cooperative name shall be in acvordance with the prescribed guidelines.
- All reserved names shall be valid in accordance with the period specified in the Cooperative Name Reservation Notice.
- Issuance of Certificate of Registration (COR)
The prospective cooperative acquires its juridical personality upon issuance of a Certificate of Registration .
- Issuance of Certificate of amendments
This is being issued in case of any amendments in the Articles of Cooperation and by laws of the Cooperative
- Issuance of Certificate of Authority (COA)
A Certificate of Authority shall be issued by CDA to cooperatives applying for the establishment of a branch office upon compliance with the requirements. A Branch Office refers to a business office outside the principal office where cooperative activities and business operation are undertaken as per approved cooperative development plan.
- Issuance of Letter of Authority (LOA)
A Letter of Authority shall be issued by CDA to cooperatives applying for the establishment of a satellite office upon compliance with the requirements. Satellite Office refers to an office established by a cooperative outside of its principal/main office but within its area of operation to provide limited services to its members but which does not however maintain books of accounts as it is done only by the principal/main office.
- Issuance of Certificate of Recognition (CoR)
Certificate of Recognition shall be issued for the organization of laboratory cooperative for minors (ages below 18 years old) by a Guardian Cooperative.
- Issuance of Certificate of Merger or Consolidation
This refers to the process where two or more cooperatives becomes single cooperative, which, in the case of merger ,there is a surviving cooperative , and consolidated cooperative in the case of consolidation .