The CDA’s CORMIC on Friday, July 28, 2017 convened for a one-day workshop to address records management issues of the Agency. The CORMIC is a group of key officials and employees designated by the Head of Agency responsible for the improvement of their records management.
The Committee is headed by Executive Director Ray R. Elevazo and has the following functions:
- Be responsible for the systematic records management in this office in all phases of records management program, i.e. creation, maintenance and dispositions;
- Be responsible for the identification and preservation of documents which are of continuing value and records of temporary value which may be promptly disposed of at the expiration of a pre-determined period;
- Determine the retention periods of records and formulate records disposition schedule subject to the approval of the Chairman and final approval of the National Archives of the Philippines (NAP);
- Develop policies and techniques for repairing damaged records and take positive steps to prevent loss and unauthorized destruction of records; and
- Establish depository/storage of records that are no longer needed by the Authority but which are not yet ready for disposal.
At the end of the workshop, the Committee accomplished the following:
- Reviewed and proposed revisions to the Records Disposition Schedule of the Agency;
- Identified additional storage areas for all units of the Central Office including the formulation of an action plan to ensure a successful establishment of records storage areas;
- Identified timelines related to the disposal of valueless records to be conducted within the 3rd Quarter of this year with technical assistance from the National Archives of the Philippines (NAP);
- Reviewed certain existing records management policies and proposed new ones to be rolled out within the 3rd Quarter of this year; and
- Discussed the broad strokes for a Records Digitization Program for CDA.
Teresita Leighlany T. Cariaso