- The contest is open to all members of cooperatives duly registered with the Cooperative Development (CDA) Authority.
- Employees of CDA, including their relatives up to the second degree of affinity or consanguinity are NOT qualified to join the contest.
- The theme for this year’s photo contest is the theme of the Cooperative Month Celebration: KOOPERATIBANG MATATAG: TUMUTUGON SA MGA HAMON, DAAN SA PAGBANGON, NAGBIBIGAY PAG-ASA SA MAKABAGONG PANAHON!
- Photos must show the theme’s message/concept.
- Each participating cooperative must submit only one (1) photo entry.
- Entry must be the contestant’s original work.
- Photos taken during the period of March 15, 2020 until October 15, 2021, can be considered as an entry.
- Photos taken using digital cameras, film/video cameras, smart/android phones are allowed. Black & White Photos are acceptable. Photos taken by film camera, fisheye lens, and stitched panoramas are not eligible. Post processing of the image is limited to cropping and color enhancements, including shadows and highlights only. Photo manipulation is not allowed.
- Entries should include the photo’s metadata (ISO, Aperture Value, Shutter speed.).
- Photo must be in JPEG or PNG format with at least 300 dpi and a maximum file size of 10 MB.
- Photo must not contain any copyrighted material including artworks and other photos.
- Entry must not contain date stamps, watermarks, or any text on the image.
- Entry must not have been awarded in any other photo contests and/or commercially published whether for news, advertising, or otherwise.
- Contestants must agree and comply with the guidelines.
Submission of Photos
- To join, contestants must register and submit their entry online through Google Form https://forms.gle/y8gTYxM32zxaB4UNA.The CDA Extension Offices shall disseminate the Google Form link to all the cooperatives under their jurisdiction.
- Filename of the photo must be in the following format: “REGION_SURNAME_FIRST NAME_PHOTO TITLE”.
- Contestants will be required to provide the following information upon submission of entry:
- Name of Cooperative
- Name of person who took the photo
- Region represented
- Mailing Address
- Contact Number
- E-mail Address
- Photo Title
- Photo Caption: (2-5 sentences explaining/describing the photograph and its relevance to the theme)
- Date the photo was captured
- Location the photo was captured
- Camera/Film Camera/Phone Used
- Photo Metadata: (ISO, Aperture Value, Shutter Speed)
- CDA will only accept entries submitted through the online entry form. Entries submitted through other means will not be accepted and will be automatically disqualified.
- CDA will begin accepting submission on October 1, 2021 at 12 noon until October 15, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Entries submitted beyond the deadline will not be accepted.
|40%||Content and Relevance to the Theme|
|30%||Artistic composition and originality|
|30%||Technical Excellence and Quality|
|First Prize||Php 7,000|
|Second Prize||Php 5,000|
|Third Prize||Php 3,000|
|People’s Choice||Php 5,000|
|October 1, 2021||Opening of competition|
|October 1-15, 2021||Period of taking photographs|
|October 15, 2021||Deadline of submission|
|October 15-19, 2021||Shortlisting of entries|
|October 20-22, 2021||Posting of finalists via CDA Philippines’ Facebook Page|
|October 25, 2021||Final Judging|
|October 29, 2021||Announcement of winners|
- The shortlisted entries will be posted at the CDA Philippines’ Facebook Page for viewing and voting for the People’s Choice Award starting October 20, 2021, 8:00am until October 22, 2021, midnight.
- Upon submission of entry, contestants grant the CDA full permission to use the photos in any CDA material and social media.
- Results of the competition are final and non-appealable.
A maximum of three (3) entries per Region shall be qualified to join the final round/judging. Photo Screening/Judging Process
- Top 3 entries per region shall be chosen by the CDA Extension Office based on their own assessment given the criteria. However, the scores/evaluation conducted by the EO shall only be for the purpose of recommending the entries to the CDA Head Office. Once submitted to the HO, all entries’ score sheets will be cleared and only the judges’ validated scores will be final.
- The Committee on the photography contest shall come up with the shortlist of submitted entries from the EOs.
- Shortlisted entries will be posted in the CDA Philippines’ Facebook Page as the finalists of the contest. The People’s Choice Award will be based on the entry’s number of likes in the CDA Facebook page
- The winners shall be judged by experts in photography.
- Announcement of winners will be done during the Culmination activity of the Cooperative Month, the Gawad Parangal 2021 Awarding Ceremony, on October 29, 2021.