Founded in 2010 as the Nagbitin Development Cooperative which later on amended its name to Villaverde Development Cooperative (VILDECO), has overcome early challenges, evolving into a robust cooperative in Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya. With 924 active members, VILDECO is committed to cooperative principles, actively contributing to local development and improving the lives of its members through various initiatives since its establishment.
As advocate of the Koop – Kapatid Program, VILDECO has organized various activities to ensure the growth and development of its beneficiary cooperatives:
- In collaboration with Villaverde MCDC and PROCEDE Office, VILDECO facilitated a compulsory two-day Governance and Management training, free of charge, to recipient cooperatives on November 17-18, 2022. This essential training, required for the adherence of cooperative officers, sought to strengthen the capabilities of leaders. VILDECO shouldered the cost of the venue and meals of participants.
- VILDECO extends additional assistance by providing access to farm equipment and facilities obtained from various entities. These resources, acquired from the Department of Agriculture, Department of Agrarian Reform, PhilMech, and AMAD, are available to fellow cooperatives for activities like farm preparation, crop establishment, post-harvest processing, drying, milling, and buying and selling produce. A nominal rental fee is charged for maintenance purposes.
- As part of the Partnership Against Hunger and Poverty under the Department of Agrarian Reform Program, VILDECO consolidated the vegetables and fruits produced by members of beneficiary cooperatives. These supplies are directed towards Persons Deprived of Liberty (PDL) at BJMP Solano, Nueva Vizcaya.
- VILDECO collaborated with MENRO Villaverde for the release of bamboo seedlings in support to the community development activity of its cooperative beneficiaries. With this initiative, said cooperatives were able to comply with CDA MC 2021-01.
- Propose to the LGU Executive Officer/Mayor the continuous appointment of a Municipal Cooperative Development Council Officer to provide assistance to the cooperatives of Villaverde.
- Provide assistance and backing to The Villaverde MCDC in sustaining an annual fee of 1,000 to enhance future activities, including Cooperative Month Celebrations, mandatory training and seminars, and other relevant initiatives.
- Continuous mandatory training will be sought from relevant agencies for the recently elected and appointed officers and staff of all cooperatives in Villaverde.