The organization had its humble beginnings in 1982 when it was first conceptualized and organized by the then Department of Social Sciences (now College of Economics, Management and Development Studies) headed by Mr. Pedro Bago, who became the first Chairman of the Board of Directors of the DSAC Faculty and Employees Credit Cooperative (DSAC-FECC). Together with 24 other pioneering faculty members, and an initial paid-up capital of PhP24,302.33, the cooperative was raised in 1983.
On January 10, 1984, the young cooperative was formally registered with the then Bureau of Cooperative Development (now Cooperative Development Authority) of the Department of Agriculture.
In 1988, the cooperative joined the other nine primary cooperatives in Cavite to establish the Cooperative Union of Cavite (CUC) to help strengthen the cooperative movement in the province and in 1993, helped establish the first Cooperative Bank of Cavite (CBC).
It was in 1994 when the cooperative achieved its first million and joined the list of millionaire cooperatives in Cavite.
In1997, the cooperative was awarded Most Outstanding Cooperative (Credit Category) by the Provincial Cooperative Development Council.
On February 26, 2001, efforts were geared towards the conversion of DSAC-FECC into a development cooperative in order to allow expansion of services and business operations. It was proposed to be renamed as the Cavite State University Development Cooperative or CvSUDC.
On October 29, 2001, DSAC-FECC or CvSUDC received two plaques of recognition from the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), Provincial Cooperative Development Council (PCDC) and Cooperative Union of Cavite (CUC) for its outstanding contribution to community development and for being a multi-millionaire cooperative.
On February 26, 2007, DSAC-FECC or CvSUDC celebrated its 25th Year Anniversary. At 25, the cooperative has proven to be stronger and more equipped to better serve its members.
On December 26, 2007, the Cooperative Development Authority approved the conversion of DSAC-FECC to Cavite State University Development Cooperative CvSUDC as a development and service cooperative and with the approval of general assembly decided to change development to multipurpose cooperative in 2016.
CvSUMPC since then ventured in different businesses like Bayad Center through Express Pay, travel and tours, merchandising and space rental.
Through the combined efforts made by members, officers, and management staff, the Cavite State University Multipurpose Cooperative (CvSUMPC) reached 46M in terms of total assets and gained 455 members as of 2020 that continuously patronize and support the plans and programs of the cooperative.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Main Products and Services
- Credit Facility – offers different types of loans:
- Regular Loan
- Multipurpose Loan
- Emergency Loan
- Calamity Loan
- Travel Loan
- Commodity Loan
- Salary Loan
- Share Capital Loan
- Consolidated Loan
- Savings and Deposit
- Bills Payment – CvSUMPC accepts any kinds of bills payments like:
- Credit Cards
- Water bills
- Electricity bills
- Pag-ibig (housing loan, MP1 and MP2)
- Rice; and
- Any foods need by members
- Check Encashment offers to:
Note: If cheques are issued by Cavite State University
- Space Rentalfor:
Note: There will be an outright 10% discount for members
- CvSUMPC Travel and Tours
CvSU Travel and Tours is open for non-members and members of the cooperative.
- Allied Services
- Healthcare servicesin partnership with Maxicare
- Group Insurance in partnership with Philam Life
- Kalinga para sa Kasapi ng Kooperatiba (KKK)
- Burial Services in partnership with St. Peter
- BEST PRACTICES
Best practices of CvSUMPC are always guided by the seven (7) principles of the Cooperative:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives; and
- Concern for Community
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- CvSUMPC Educational Assistance Program (CEAP)
As a cooperative based in an academic community, CvSUMPC decided to offer an educational assistance program per semester to underprivileged CvSU students, a gesture that truly reflects social responsibility.
- Adopt – a – Barangay Program
The Adopt-a-Barangay Program was developed with a goal to transform the less privileged communities into an economically and socially viable; just and healthy community through self-reliance through its three program components on socio-economic development, health, and social and spiritual transformation. CvSUMPC already adopted the two (2) barangays since it was started year 2016:
- Barangay Kayquit
- Barangay Limbon
- Koop Kapatid Program
Anchored on the 6th Cooperative Principle, “Cooperation among Cooperatives,” cooperatives are encouraged to work together to effectively serve their members and strengthen the cooperative management. This principle makes it clear that it is about UNITY.
Cavite State University Multipurpose Cooperative as Big Koop Kapatid and Buna Cera Producers Cooperative as small Koop Kapatid. This is in collaboration with Cooperative Development Authority and Indang Municipal Cooperative Development. The contract signing has been made on November 19, 2020.
- Kalinga Para sa Kasapi ng Kooperatiba (KKK)
This program aims to provide financial support to affected cooperative members/beneficiaries when they experienced the following conditions:
- Death of member
- Medical Assistance
- Death of the member’s assigned beneficiary
- During the enhanced community quarantine last year (2020), CvSUMPC offered social assistance loan to members without adding interest rate.
- Continuously giving salary to the management staff during enhanced community quarantine.
- Implemented the Bayanihan Act as One and Bayanihan to Recover Act as One.
- Giving Christmas giveaways every year to all members.
- Indang Municipal Cooperative Development (IMCD)
- Union of Enterprising Cooperative (UNECO)
- 1 Cooperative Insurance System of the Philippines (1CISP)
- Cavite Travel and Tours Association (CTTA)
- Cavite State University – College of Nursing
- Barangay Limbon, Indang Cavite
- Buna Cerca Producers Cooperative
- AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
|TITLE OF AWARD/ CITATIONS RECEIVED||GIVEN/AWARDED BY||LEVEL OF AWARD||YEAR AWARDED|
|Outstanding Cooperative in Indang, Cavite||Provincial Cooperative, Livelihood & Entrepreneurial Development Office (PCLEDO)||Municipal||2010|
|Outstanding Cooperative in Indang, Cavite
|Provincial Cooperative, Livelihood & Entrepreneurial Development Office (PCLEDO)||Municipal||2016|
|Outstanding Medium-Scale Cooperative (nominee)||Provincial Cooperative, Livelihood & Entrepreneurial Development Office (PCLEDO)||Provincial||2017|
|Top 3 Best Government Employees’ Cooperative
Outstanding Cooperative in Indang, Cavite
Certificate of Recognition for the Handog sa Kapwa Project
|Provincial Cooperative, Livelihood & Entrepreneurial Development Office (PCLEDO)
Brgy. Bancod Senior Citizens Association
|Natatanging Kooperatiba sa Bayan ng Indang
Pinakamahusay na KOOPERATIBA sa Pagpapaunlad ng Komunidad sa Lalawigan ng Cavite
|Provincial Cooperative, Livelihood & Entrepreneurial Development Office (PCLEDO)||Provincial||2019|
|Natatanging Kooperatiba sa Bayan ng Indang
Ikatlo sa Natatanging Kooperatiba sa Pagpapaunlad ng Komunidad sa Lalawigan ng Kabite
Pangatlo sa Pinaka Community Friendly sa Lalawigan ng Kabite
|Provincial Cooperative, Livelihood & Entrepreneurial Development Office (PCLEDO)||Municipal
|CDA Gawad Parangal 2020
(A recognition of Koop Bayanihan Effort during Covid-19 Pandemic)
|Cooperative Development Authority (CDA)||Regional||2020|
- COOP LOGO AND PICTURES OF SOME ACTIVITIES OF CvSUMPC
- HOW DOES CAVITE STATE UNIVERSITY MULTIPURPOSE COOPERATIVE (CvSUMPC) continue business operation during this time of pandemic?
When the pandemic started last year (2020) and the government announced the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) our cooperative already made and implemented the following activities beneficial to all members:
- Offered a social assistance loan to all members amounting to P5,000.00 each. This type of loan is payable in 10 months without any additional interest to be collected from members.
- The management staff received their full monthly salaryever since ECQ started on March to May 2020.
- All tenants for the rental business of CvSUMPC were given options to pay their April and May (during ECQ) in cash with 10% discount or they can pay it in a staggered basis.
- Distribution of gift packs to the following:
- adopted barangay
- frontliners in Indang Cavite
- stranded students inside Cavite State University; and
- guards on duty
- Strict implementation of the Bayanihan to Act as One and Bayanihan to Recover as One Act.
- During ECQ, application of loan is through email ang messenger.
Other members who opted to pay their monthly payables to the cooperative paid their obligations through GCASH and bank transfer.
Some of the Awards and Recognition