by Larry L. Villaluz, CDS II
The Cooperative Development Authority Regional Office 5 (CDA RO 5), in partnership with the Bicol University (BU), and with the help from Camarines Norte Federation of Cooperatives (CANOFECO) as training management, conducted the much awaited Training of Trainers (ToT) of Accredited Training Providers (ATPs) and Prospective Trainers of CDA last March 6-8, 2023 at BU Main Campus, Legazpi City, Albay. It was participated by 33 individuals all coming from the Bicol Region. The opening program was graced by no less than the newly elected Bicol University President in the person of Dr. Baby Boy Benjamin Nebres III, BU College of Business Economics Management Dean Dr. Edgar Barrameda, and CDA Senior CDS and CRITS Chief, Ms. Monina Bechayda, representing CDA Regional Director Salvador Valeroso. The activity aimed for the improvement of education and training of cooperatives in the Bicol Region.
The ToT lasted for three (3) days with the following topics and speakers:
- Topic 1: History of Cooperative and Cooperative Education by Ms. Roma Belano of CDA, CDS II of CDA
- Topic 2: Adult Learning and Teaching by Dr. Julie M. Lustan, Research Coordinator and Assistant Professor of BUCBEM
- Topic 3: Training Cycle and Training Needs by Prof. Ma. Crestia Banares, Technical Staff of CTCED and Assistant Professor of BUCBEM
- Topic 4: Training Design and Training Delivery by Prof. Mary Ann L. Ansano, Chairperson of Department of Entrepreneurship
- Topic 5: Training Evaluation and Monitoring by Dr. Dimson M. Rivero, Director of International Relations
- Topic 6: Training Using Online Platform by Prof. Shiela B. Desuyo, Associate Dean of BUCBEM
- Topic 7: Focus on Trainer: Facilitating Learning and Teaching Methodology by Dr. Marcia Corazon P. Rico, Professor of College of Education
- Topic 8a: Focus on Content, Principles of Cooperative by Prof. Edgar S. Barrameda, the Dean of BUCBEM
- Topic 8b: Focus on Content, Cooperative Management by Dr. Nolan G. Belaro, Program Adviser of Master in Cooperative Management
- Topic 9: Developing Training Session by Prof. Elmer A. Lorenzana, Director of CPSD
The last day of the training was devoted to teaching demonstration where the participants were divided into four (4) groups in order to assess their individual skills and knowledge learned based on the discussed topics. The panel members were composed of mixed experts both in the field of academe and cooperative sector.
Download full article here: CDA-BU-CANOFECO-TOT