In celebration of the National Cooperative Month with the theme “Pioneering the Path to Recovery Amidst Modern Challenges of Climate Change and Food Security”, the City of Muntinlupa spearheaded by the Muntinlupa City Cooperative Development Office (MCDO) and Cooperative Development Authority-NCR, together with different cooperatives in Muntinlupa showed their support to the Cooperative movement via motorcade on October 01, 2023. The route included CITY HALL PROPER-LAGUERTA-POBLACION-PUTATAN-BAYANAN-ALABANG-CUPANG-SUCAT EXIT-NATIONAL ROAD GOING TO CITY HALL- BACK TO CITY HALL QUADRANGLE.
One hundred forty-five members of different cooperatives participated in the kick-off motorcade to show their support. Pursuant to Republic Act no. 11502 declaring the month of October of every year as National Cooperative Month, the Muntinlupa City Cooperative Development Office prepared a line-up of activities for this month’s celebration:
- October 6 – First Friday Mass Celebration
- October 12 – Outreach Program: Adopt-an-Institution (Bahay Pag-asa for the Children-in-Conflict with the law)
- October 13- Bahay Kanlungan Elderly Home Care and Social Development Center for the Neglected and abandoned children
- October 21- Clean-up Drive: Work-for-Rice Program (Isang Kilong Bigas Kapalit ng Isang Sakong Basura Para sa Mas Malinis na Komunidad)
- October 27- Coop Trade Fair: Showcase of Local Products
- October 28- Participation to Metro Manila Cooperative Congress
- November 16- Culminating Activity- 8th Muntinlupa Cooperative Congress: Pagkilala at Pasasalamat sa mga Natatanging Kooperatiba sa Muntinlupa
- December 2 – Pamasking Handog mula sa Kooperatiba ng Muntinlupa
These activities not only cement the cooperative’s contribution to the community, but will also show the impact of cooperativism as a way of life.