Labor service cooperatives convened its sectoral congress at the Skylight Convention in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan last May 21-22.
Organized by the Union of Labor Service Cooperatives (ULSC), the sectoral congress deliberated on current trends in the sector, and problems, issues, needs and concerns hounding the labor service and workers cooperatives.
Chairman Orlando R. Ravanera of the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) led key officials from the central and extension offices. They discussed directly with over 300 sector players resolutions of issues and concerns.
Presentations can be downloaded in the following link:
- State of Labor Service and Workers Cooperatives in the Philippines, by ED Ray R. Elevazo
- Kaakbay Entre-worker Cooperative, by Cielo A. Bueno
- Emerging Global Perspective in Job Contracting, by Ernie Cecilia, DPM
- Compliance of Labor Service Contractors to Labor Laws and Regulations, by Nicanor V. Bon
- Message of Sen Lito Lapid
- Message of Sen. Ralph Recto
- Governance Issues in Cooperatives, by Dr. Emmanuel M. Santiaguel
- DOLE Philippines Presentation
- New Rules and Regulations Implementing Service Cooperative and Workers Cooperative Provisions Under RA 9520, by Atty. Danilo L. Patron
- Amended Rule 7 and 8 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 9520, by Fe D. Caingles
- Challenges of Labor Service Cooperatives in the Aspect of Taxation, by Atty. Danilo L. PatronChallenges of Labor Service Cooperatives in the Aspect of Taxation, by Atty. Danilo L. Patron
- Labor Service Challenges and DirectionLabor Service Challenges and Direction
- Call for ActionCall for Action