In April 2019, three (3) Islandwide Forum of Cooperative External Auditors were held in Davao City for Mindanao, Cebu City for Visayas, and Quezon City for Luzon Islands on April 23-24, April 26-27 and April 29-30, 2019, respectively.
Actual attendance of participants hit the target with a total of 318 in Mindanao; 143 in Visayas and 286 in Luzon.
The CDA and the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants or PICPA sponsored these fora which were organized primarily to update the cooperative external auditors, cooperative officers and staff on cooperative audit related issuances and at the same time bring out and address issues and concerns of the cooperatives and external auditors.
For two (2) days that each forum was conducted, the following topics were presented and discussed by different resource persons from CDA, PICPA and other partners:
- Updates on CDA Programs by Exec. Dir. Ray R. Elevazo, CSEE, MNSA of CDA
- Handling Tax Audit and Investigation by Exec. Dir. Estelita C. Aguirre of PICPA
- Rules, Regulations, Circulars of Cooperatives including Tax Incentive Report by Atty. Elizabeth O. Batonan, Director of Legal, Registration and Regulation Department of CDA
Bridging the Gap Between and among the CDA, cooperatives and external auditor (Open Forum). Panelists representing the cooperative external auditors and cooperatives were in attendance:
Representing the Cooperative External Auditors in the Panel:
Mr. Gil Pol Tan
Mr. Gervacio Piator
Mr. Elmer Minerva
Mr. Jonathan de Vera
Representing the Cooperatives in the Panel:
Ms. Nenita Malbas, Tagum Multipurpose Cooperative
Ms. Brigette Amores, Barangay Multipurpose Cooperative
Ms. Elenita Mantalaba, CODIS Federation of Cooperatives
Representing the CDA in the Panel:
Exec. Dir. Ray R. Elevazo, CSEE, MNSA
Atty. Elizabeth O. Batonan, Director, LRRD
- Cooperative Annual Progress Report (CAPR) and Other Relevant Reports by Ms. Doris D. Teodoro, Chief, Regulation Division of CDA
- Revised Guidelines on the Accreditation of Cooperative External Auditors (Draft Exposure) by Ms. Melissa C. Santos, Chief, CRITD of CDA
- Promoting Ethics and Good Governance in Cooperatives by Ms. Nonie I. Hernandez of PICPA
- Philippine Financial Reporting Framework for Cooperatives by Ms. Ma. Elma I. Ame, Regional Director for Southern of PICPA
- Standard Chart of Accounts for Cooperatives by Ms. Fe D. Caingles, Chairperson of Committee on Cooperatives, PICPA
CDA Chairperson Orlando R. Ravanera, CDA Administrators Myrla B. Paradillo and Abad L. Santos and PICPA President, Ms. Asuncion Golez, were present in the forum to share messages and inspirations among the participant.